Court term recesses until Monday
The fall term of Oktibbeha County Circuit Court has recessed for the remainder of this week to allow judges Lee Howard and Jim Kitchens to attend a state conference.
Some court proceedings took place Monday and Tuesday before the recess. Both Howard and Kitchens will be back on the bench next week for the final week of the term.
Guilty pleas and sentencings
In Circuit Court action through Tuesday, the following defendants maded guilty pleas and were sentenced or had prior suspended sentences, probation or post-release supervision revoked. They are listed by name, charges, sentence, fines and restitution (any similarities in name to other individuals in the community is purely coincidental):
• Whitney Houry, identity theft, 5 years of non-adjudicated probation, $250 fine, $200 in restitution.
• Charles Thompson, DUI (third offense), 1 year in the Intensive Supervision/House Arrest Program followed by 4 years of probation, $2,000 fine.
• Emily James, possession of less than .1 gram of cocaine, 4 years in prison (sentenced as a habitual offender), $200 fine.
• Jimmy Smith, 5 years in prison after revocation of post release supervision for a prior aggravated assault conviction.
• Kennie Keep, taking a motor vehicle, sentencing set for Jan. 24.
• Walter Daniel Ainsworth, 8 years in prison after revocation of an 8-year suspended sentence for a prior conviction for possession of between .1 gram and 2 grams of heroin.
• Clinton Williams, DUI (third offense), 5 years in prison, $200 fine.
• Derrell Helms, fondling, 5 years of probation (on a 15-year suspended sentence), $1,000 fine.
• Cedric Clark, possession of between 30 and 250 grams of marijuana, 1 year in prison, $200 fine, $200 in restitution to the Starkville Police Department.
• Deangelo Webb, possession of marijuana, 3 years of non-adjudicated probation, $500 fine.
• Johnny Frank Bell, possession of less than .1 gram of cocaine, 4 years in prison (sentenced as a habitual offender), $1,000 fine.
• Courtland Brown, felony DUI (third offense), 2 years in prison, $3,000 fine.
More suspects arraigned
In Circuit Court action through Tuesday, the following suspects were arraigned on various Oktibbeha County Grand Jury indictments and are listed by name, charges, bond and date of next court action (any similarities in name to other individuals in the community is purely coincidental):
• Adrian Poindexter, conspiracy, $10,000 bond, Jan. 27.