Skip to main content

Sunset area sees 2nd fire in a week

June 16, 2012

By CARL SMITH
sdnnews@bellsouth.net

County firefighters were again dispatched to the Sunset community yesterday for the area’s second structure fire since Wednesday.

Central Oktibbeha County volunteer firefighters arrived at 78 Finley Drive at approximately 1 a.m. Saturday. Upon arrival, emergency responders observed smoke erupting from the structure’s roof and flames following a vent.

Oktibbeha County Fire Services Coordinator Kirk Rosenhan said no occupants were at home when the fire began and no injuries were reported.

“The fire was basically contained in the attic area,” he said, “although portions of the ceilings in a bathroom and adjoining kitchen were breached in order to extinguish all pockets of fire.”

Rosenhan said an electrical problem in the home’s attic is believed to have started the fire.

County firefighters fought a similar attic fire Wednesday at 1068 Horseshoe Circle, the main gateway road for the Sunset community.

In both cases, Rosenhan said the fires originated in the attic from an electrical problem. Flames spread above the ceilings and between the walls of both homes.

Additional manpower and water was provided Saturday by District 5 volunteer firefighters.

Pasta, bread, pizza crusts, peanut butter, fried foods, beef, even certain types of chips — these are all foods that...
The memories of April 21, 2008 when we went to the Boston Marathon still lingered in our hearts and souls on April 15...
Emily Jones Deluded Diva My neighbor, (I'll call her Brenda for the sake of anonymity), is one of the best things that...
By RUTH MORGAN For Starkville Daily News General Wiley Norris Nash was one of Mississippi as well as Starkville’s most...
Creation is imagination, and being a visual artist I'm attempting to be creative, inventive, and imaginative. To...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes