Skip to main content

1 escapes mobile home fire uninjured

February 24, 2013

A University Hills Mobile Home Park resident evaded injury Sunday morning after waking up to find her home filled with smoke.

Oktibbeha County Fire Services Coordinator Kirk Rosenhan said East Oktibbeha County Fire Department was dispatched to the scene at 6:33 a.m. Sunday and found an electric furnace had ignited a fire inside and around the residence.

"The floor and a surrounding wall were burned and there was fire under the structure as well," Rosenhan said. "The East Oktibbeha County Fire Department responded, quickly extinguished the fire and employed a smoke fan to clear the structure of smoke."

He said once the fire was subdued, firefighters used thermal imaging cameras to ensure all hot spots were extinguished.

Rosenhan said smoke detectors were present at the residence but did not work at the time of the incident. Firemen gave the resident two smoke detectors. Rosenhan said he wanted to encourage homeowners and tenants to check their smoke detectors regularly.

Pasta, bread, pizza crusts, peanut butter, fried foods, beef, even certain types of chips — these are all foods that...
The memories of April 21, 2008 when we went to the Boston Marathon still lingered in our hearts and souls on April 15...
Emily Jones Deluded Diva My neighbor, (I'll call her Brenda for the sake of anonymity), is one of the best things that...
By RUTH MORGAN For Starkville Daily News General Wiley Norris Nash was one of Mississippi as well as Starkville’s most...
Creation is imagination, and being a visual artist I'm attempting to be creative, inventive, and imaginative. To...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes