- Special Sections
- Dawgs Deals
- Local Guide
SDN Staff Reports
Central Oktibbeha volunteer firefighters were called to 2999 Wilson Road Thursday afternoon shortly after 4 p.m. for a structure fire.
Upon arrival, they were faced with a fire in the right rear bedroom that had spread into the attic.
The bedroom fire was quickly extinguished, and efforts were then made to extinguish the fire in the attic.
There was restricted access to the attic from the inside of the house, so firefighters had to use a ladder to ventilate the roof ventilation and try to extinguish flames.
The mother and children in the house were taken to OCH Regional Medical Center to be treated for smoke inhalation and released.
Oktibbeha-Starkville Emergency Response Volunteer Services staff members responded to help the occupants with housing and emergency services.
The Central Oktibbeha firefighters were assisted by Sturgis volunteer firefighters.