Skip to main content

Late afternoon fire damages family's home

January 14, 2011

SDN Staff Reports

Central Oktibbeha volunteer firefighters were called to 2999 Wilson Road Thursday afternoon shortly after 4 p.m. for a structure fire.
Upon arrival, they were faced with a fire in the right rear bedroom that had spread into the attic.
The bedroom fire was quickly extinguished, and efforts were then made to extinguish the fire in the attic.
There was restricted access to the attic from the inside of the house, so firefighters had to use a ladder to ventilate the roof ventilation and try to extinguish flames.
The mother and children in the house were taken to OCH Regional Medical Center to be treated for smoke inhalation and released.
Oktibbeha-Starkville Emergency Response Volunteer Services staff members responded to help the occupants with housing and emergency services.
The Central Oktibbeha firefighters were assisted by Sturgis volunteer firefighters.

The memories of April 21, 2008 when we went to the Boston Marathon still lingered in our hearts and souls on April 15...
Emily Jones Deluded Diva My neighbor, (I'll call her Brenda for the sake of anonymity), is one of the best things that...
By RUTH MORGAN For Starkville Daily News General Wiley Norris Nash was one of Mississippi as well as Starkville’s most...
Creation is imagination, and being a visual artist I'm attempting to be creative, inventive, and imaginative. To...
Monday was a really bad day.  Huey P, my oversized HP laptop computer, just up and died. He had no symptoms indicating...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes