Classes begin Tuesday to help local families have healthy pregnancies and healthy babies.
Kathy Prentice, Senior Nutritionist with the Mississippi Department of Health, and La Leche League Leader Dr. Linda McGrath are among the guest speakers scheduled to conduct free childbirth classes held at Emerson Family School each Tuesday throughout the month of October.
Nancy Ball, registered nurse with Starkville Clinic for Women and Ellen McGuffey, CPNP, with Starkville Pediatrics, will also lecture during the month of classes.
The series of free classes will be held each Tuesday in October at 5:30 p.m. at Emerson Family Center.
Nutritious snacks will be served and childcare is provided by calling 320-4607.
Topics will include:
• October 5: Parent/Infant Bonding and Breastfeeding lead by Linda C. McGrath, PhD, CHES. McGrath is the local La Leche League leader, and a lactation consultant.
• October 12: Pregnancy and Childbirth lead by Nancy Ball, RN with Starkville Clinic for Women.
• October 19: Nutrition for Mother and Infant will be lead by Kathy Prentice MS, LD, and Senior Nutritionist for the Mississippi Department of Health.
• October 26: Infant and Child Care lead by Ellen McGuffey, CPNP with Starkville Pediatrics.
• November 2: Relaxation Techniques for Labor and Delivery lead by Nancy Ball, RN with the Starkville Clinic for Women.
For more information, call Emerson Family Center at 320-4607.