City officials will consider naming a replacement for an outgoing Starkville School District board member after interviewing four people today.
Doug Bedsaul, Eric Heiselt, Alfreda Outlaw and Juliette Weaver-Reese will make public appearances to interview for the post, according to the Starkville Board of Aldermen meeting agenda.
Aldermen will consider these four people for the position being vacated by Bill Weeks. This will be a five-year term beginning March 8.
There are several items on the board’s consent agenda. Under this agenda, the board is expected to consider:
• Placing a call for a public hearing March 1 on proposed amendments to the current sidewalk ordinance.
• Changing the terms of the Transportation Committee to allow staggered terms.
• Asking for letters of interest for vacancies on the Transportation Committee, the Commission on Disability and the Solid Waste and Recycling Committee.
• Approving the lowest quote from Potts Metal Buildings to repair storm damage at George M. Bryan Field. A Jan. 1 tornado struck the airport and several other locations in south Starkville.
• Advertising for proposals from qualified consultants for engineering work on proposed improvements at Bryan Field.
In other matters, the board will:
• Hear a presentation by Dr. Bethany Stich, chair of the city’s Transportation Committee. She is expected to deliver an annual report.
• Consider job descriptions and the advertisement of two positions – building official in the Building, Codes and Planning Department and engineering technician/GIS coordinator in the Public Services Department.
• Decide whether to go into executive session for pending litigation, potential litigation and property acquisition.
The board is scheduled meet beginning at 4:30 p.m. today in the courtroom at City Hall, which is located at 101 E. Lampkin St.